Sunday, April 8, 2012

News, updates, et al... - Andi

I have been so busy and feel so guilty about neglecting the blog. But , I actually have some time today!

It is Easter and my sickly hubz is napping on the couch next to me. The Chinese 5 spice ribs are in the crock pot, and I am catching up on my dvr-ed Martha Stewart Shows.

News:

GlamourGeek Boutique has shortened to become GlamGeek Boutique and the logo has changed:

BEFORE:


AFTER: 

THOUGHTS?


I have been commissioned to make hats for Retroscope Fashions. I have scorched the midnight oil for a few weeks now and have sent off the hats to her and she loves them!!! I am sure that this will be a very wonderful partnership. Go to the website for AMAH-ZING steampunk and goth clothing. I plan on getting this skirt soon:

http://www.retroscopefashions.com/lolita4.html


Also, in my hunt for affordable materials I happened upon a website that has beautiful trims and lace. Debs Lace &Trim sells for as little as $3.00 for 5 yards. Needless to say I ordered a whole lot of trim (130 yards for a whopping $47.00) including this loverly lace trim:

http://debslaceandtrims.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=52_66&product_id=412

On an organizational note... During my grocery shopping today I found a case of Ball Pickle jars. Why is this significant? These jars look GREAT in my shelves and are transparent so I can see what is inside. The image below are extra large Ball jars and some short squat ones I got at wal-mart. I will post more pics when I get the supplies I want stored in them and on the shelves. 


Lastly, I am experimenting with making other hats. I am adding the mini bowler, mini tricorn and mini homburg hat to the inventory. I found a great tutorial on the Threadbanger blog on how to make your own hat form which I will be trying very soon. Shiloh does not like my new addition.



Thanks for reading and I hope you all had a very blessed Easter. He is risen!

No comments:

Post a Comment